1997 AUDI A8 RECALLS
A8 (D2,4D) generation is a 4 doors sedan produced by Audi from 1997 to 1998 with petrol and diesel engines with maxspeed 133 mph. Capacity is 5 passengers including driver and total weight is 4905 lbs with 1323 lbs maxload.
- A8 2.8 V6 30V (193 Hp)
- A8 2.8 V6 30V (193 Hp) quattro
- A8 2.8 V6 30V (193 Hp) quattro Tiptronic
- A8 2.8 V6 30V (193 Hp) Tiptronic
- A8 3.7 V8 (230 Hp) quattro Tiptronic
- A8 3.7 V8 (230 Hp) Tiptronic
- A8 2.5 TDI V6 (150 Hp)
- A8 4.2 V8 (300 Hp) quattro Tiptronic
- A8 2.5 TDI V6 (150 Hp) quattro Tiptronic
- A8 2.5 TDI V6 (150 Hp) Tiptronic
Features & Specs
13-23 mpg city
28-42 mpg hwy
3 Total Safety Recalls Found
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Total cars affected: 13900
NHTSA campaign: 08V397000
Date of the problem: 14/08/2008
THIS COULD ALLOW THE VEHICLE TO ROLL, CAUSING A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.
Total cars affected: 39300
NHTSA campaign: 97V175000
Date of the problem: 08/10/1997
ACTIVATION OF THE AIR BAG UNDER THESE CONDITIONS CAN CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY.
EU rapid alert system
Risk level: Injury
Rapex alert: A12/00849/20
Date of the problem: 12/06/2020
The ammonium nitrate propellant used in the airbag inflator may experience a material alteration over time due to degradation occurring after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high-temperature cycling.
View All +